This collection is accessible to anyone interested in children’s literature, curious or professional, and the conditions of access to the study library.
The communication of books in stores is reserved for readers with an annual card.
- A showcase of editorial news for the US and international youth.
- The ideal library: a selection of the best children’s books available in North America.
- Classics: a selection of classics from children’s literature from all over the world.
- Tales: studies on storytelling and collections of folktales from all over The United States and the world.
- Reference books on children’s literature, childhood, and reading, comics.
- Magazines for children and adults.
- documentary files.
Discover a selection of tactile and braille books adapted for children with visual disabilities.
The heritage fund
The totality of US editorial production for children since the 1950s, including audiovisual and multimedia documents, as well as a collection of posters.
- A broad representation of francophone production, particularly in sub-Saharan Africa and the Arab world.
- A foreign language collection of 15,000 children’s books from around the world.
- A fund specialized in storytelling.
- A collection of old, rare or precious books.
- A collection of reference books.
A personalized welcome: professionals at your disposal to accompany you in your research.
The reading room has 68 seats, 8 of which are reserved for consultation of store collections.
Family reception: the center is open to families on Saturdays and Sundays. A dedicated space allows children to discover the latest editorial production.
Children must be accompanied by an adult, up to a maximum of three children per adult.
Consultation on site with the possibility of photocopies:
- open access collections
- collections kept in stores and documentary files after accreditation in Room I.